Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lunch with Logos Group

Our Logos reading and discussion group met this afternoon after church to discuss Annie Dillard's profound and beautiful book, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. Kitty hosts our meetings with her generous hospitality, as always, and we enjoyed discussing this mystical and strange work of literature. Not everyone liked it (in fact, I think only Kitty and I did actually LIKE it), but the group did gain a real appreciation for the beauty of Dillard's writing and the reasoning behind her "pilgrimage." I'll write more about the book on my meditative blog in a day or two.



Kitty made us this gorgeous and scrumptious cheese and chicken strata for lunch. French bread layered with gruyere and other cheeses, stuffed with chicken ... so decadent and delicious....



Kitty had these beautiful red pears sitting on her coffee table this afternoon, and I loved their autumn colors and the way the light struck them in the beautiful antique bowl.

No comments: