Monday, October 22, 2007

News. Fire News.



My day was consumed with news today, or it was whenever we actually had power. So when the power was on, I was watching the TV news coverage from the local NBC and CBS affiliates and also checking online news. But when the power was out, which it was from 1:30 to 5:00 AM and again from 9:15 AM to 1:45 PM, our options were limited. During school hours today, I tuned J's battery-powered radio to AM 600, KOGO, where I was able to keep up with the latest evacuations, road closures, and various updates. I even heard my PV neighbor, Pam, calling Roger Hedgecock for information on the fire closest to our town, which so far hasn't been a danger.

So despite losing power several times during the night and day (and even again tonight for about twenty minutes), keeping up with the latest news on the seven fires burning in San Diego County was my priority for this day, one that unfortunately will go down in San Diego (and California) history.

1 comment:

Dancingirl said...

Glad you're not in danger. Praying for those who are. Scary.