Wednesday, July 9, 2008

California Tower, Balboa Park



The California Tower in Balboa Park is perhaps, besides the Pacific Ocean itself, the best-known landmark in San Diego. Almost all air flights pass by this beautiful tower, built for the Exposition in 1916. Family tradition states that my great-great grandfather help to design it; however, in my genealogical research, I have yet to corroborate that fact. But it's still a gorgeous landmark that now houses the Museum of Man right next to the magnificent Laurel Street Bridge that separates Balboa Park from downtown San Diego itself. I took this shot from the Skyfari in the San Diego Zoo -- a unique perspective that the boys and I very much enjoyed on our trip to the Zoo this week. See further photos from our Tuesday trip below.

No comments: