Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 45: A Valentine's Day Table


My parents always have the kids over for a special celebration for Saint Valentine's Day. Elizabeth helped my mom to set the table and decorate the dining room for their wonderful dinner. It's become a family tradition that even Elizabeth, as a college student, still enjoys--even making Valentine cards after their dinner. :)

So my parents watch the kids while Keith and I get to go out for a date. After an early dinner at Outback, Keith took me to see The King's Speech (my review is here).

2 comments:

LauraLiz said...

Now that's red! :-)

Carol Ann Weaver said...

What a lovely table! I am glad you said Saint Valentine's Day. When I told the 20-somethings that we work with that it used to always be called "Saint Valentine's Day" when I was growing up, they were really surprised. I don't know when that got dropped, but it was always called that in the 60's. I read them the story of Saint Valentine. It was great!