Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 18: The Harry Bear


Keith gave me the teddy bear on the right for the Valentine's Day before we were married. I christened him "Honey Bear," "Bear" for short, and once I moved out of the PLNU dorms and married Keith, Bear has resided on our bed.

But, upon occasion, he escapes. With Keith's help, of course.

When we were first married, I came home to find Bear swinging from the ceiling fan, circling in flight over our miniscule living room, the Post-It beside the switch declaring him to be Super-Bear. A few weeks later, he was discovered in the dragon-shaped cookie jar, the lid on his head, accompanied by a note declaring that he had a thing for Snickerdoodles.

And thus Bear has made his presence known through the 26 years of our marriage.

When Elizabeth and I came home, exhausted, from the Twilight Saga: Eclipse midnight showing, I discovered Bear sitting on my side of the bathroom counter, covered in glittery paper and with paper fangs descending from his mouth, the Post-It declaring that he could sparkle in the sunshine, too.

And Monday morning, just as I went upstairs to brush my teeth before the whole family went to see the last Harry Potter film together, this is what I discovered on our bed. Yes, Keith and Bear have struck again, with poor Chaucer-Bear changed into a pumpkin-head, my pen becoming Bear's very own wand....

1 comment:

Nutrition Tailor said...

Adorable picture and story--what a fun, imaginative husband you have!