Monday, December 17, 2007

Saturday: Christmas Cards



I spent nine hours on Saturday and another five hours on Sunday writing Christmas cards. I'll post our family letter on my regular blog for anyone who wants to read it. We send out about 140 cards each year, so it's quite the production to write greetings, sign our names (all six, and our kids do not have short names!), include the letter, and then address all by hand.

I know well that there are easier ways, more technological methods. But I take great satisfaction out of writing with a metal nib on a rosewood pen and dipping into a crystal bottle of green ink. It's one of those old-fashioned traditions that I revel in -- it just doesn't feel like Christmas until green ink flows over thick paper, and my hand is cramped and stained by writing loving greetings to friends and family around town, at church, and all over the country.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

love the pen and bottled ink :)