Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year, New Datebook



For Christmas the older boys gave me the coveted and beloved Barnes and Noble Desk Diary. I have one for every of the past fifteen years, except for last year when the spines were defective and B&N sent them all back. For the past year I have had to "make do" with the New Yorker one which contained amusing cartoons but just didn't produce the same spirit. I love having the entire week at a glance, with lines for 8 AM to 8 PM, with lines between for half-hours. I can plan my days very well with a calendar like this -- especially with its beautiful thick cream paper. My sepia ink looks wonderful on it. And quotes from various books -- aaah! This year the theme is famous first lines -- this very first week of the calendar exhibits the first lines of Tolkien's The Hobbit with additional information about the work at the bottom of the page. Aaahhh, I will get my writer's spirit back with THIS baby!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

hmmmmm, that is very tempting.

Colleen said...

One has to have lovely writing ~ and you do ~ to make good use of such a calendar. Mine is much more, ahem, plain, and filled with notes I write in a rush. Yours looks inviting!