Friday, August 17, 2007

Thursday: Last Beach Day of the Summer



Crystal Pier on Pacific Beach, San Diego



T starting on a sand castle....

We picked up my pal, Diana, (I was super nice and didn't snap a photo of her napping) and headed for the beach near my parents' place. The day was practically perfect, with the air temp around 80 and the water temp around 75 (as warm as the ocean gets off the coast of San Diego). The beach was more crowded than usual; with many schools starting on Monday as we are, I guess many families decided on a last beach bash before returning to the classrooms and books....

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Oooh, that sand looks so nice and "dig-able". I am not anywhere *near* ready to start up school yet. Didn't start our break until the third week of July and haven't had time to catch my breath since then. I hope you have a great first day!

SUSAN said...

Looks like fun...now back to school. :-)

Susan

Unknown said...

I know the place well. Waaaaah.

Love the shots and the memories they evoke for me. I will be in Santa Monica in October so I'm excited about that.

MaryD said...

i love the view of the pier. the whole series makes me miss the ocean!