Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where's the Power?



The hot and muggy weather continues. An afternoon thunderstorm threatened rain, but it didn't deliver anything but an hour of dry lightning and about a dozen drops on my windshield. Then two hours later, after the skies cleared and the thunderboomers went their way, the power went out. And stayed out for over 3 1/2 hours. Keith cooked dinner on the Coleman stove, and we ate by candlelight. We also placed candles around the house for navigational purposes, and these candles gave me juuuuuust enough light to write in my journal. As I finished the journal entry, on came the lights at nearly 9:30 PM.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

B&W was the perfect choice for this entry. We lost power a few weeks ago and Caitrin was so thrilled that it happened at night... you know, for the candles. :) I like yours.