Thursday, July 26, 2007

Getting Ready for the Festival.....



Today was spent getting ready for our creative art council's booth at our annual small town festival this Saturday. Our board of directors met today on the back deck of our library, hashing out details. I came home and typed up the minutes of the meeting so everyone would know their assignments, then e-mailed them to everyone.

Judith, my elder and wiser friend, has made gorgeous cards from her photography, and I spent a couple of hours labeling the back of the cards with her name and the name of our art council. I also made signs to advertise our bake sale, tote bags (decorated with photography of Judith and my own Keith), Judith's art cards, plus signs for some of our members who will be showing their art in their own booths.

So think of me on Saturday, sitting in the booth all day, selling our wares but selling our creative art council's name more than anything else as we strive for community awareness and participation in the arts.

2 comments:

Dancingirl said...

You've been busy. I will think of you Saturday and I want to hear how it goes!

SUSAN said...

I'll think of you. Wish I could be there. :-)

Susan