Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thursday: Around Europe



English Table



Italian Table

On Thursday night, we continued our "around the world" women's series at Lake Murray with Europe night. We discuss our family's heritage and our spiritual heritage in a short presentation then with each group of women as they move from table to table in 15-minute shifts so everyone gets to sample the food, the cultural items, and hear stories about each country.

I hosted the English table on top of the page here with Patti's help. She lived in England until the age of ten; I've only visited once but attend Anglican services each week and rather live the English lifestyle (gardens, books, tea things, etc.). In my talk, I shared about English literature, the new Logos group Kitty and I are starting at church (literary discussion), and a brief history of the English church. My lemon scones were very popular, and Patti's Marmite on bread circles wasn't bad when it was mixed with butter. Each woman receives our recipe on one side of a card and our bio and prayer requests for our country on the back side to take home.

No comments: