Monday, February 4, 2008

Waking Up to Snow! This Morning!

We woke up to a layer of snow this morning -- totally unexpected, too. I didn't know we had snow until I heard the kids playing outside before 8 AM which made me peek out my bathroom blinds to see the inch or so of snow! In our area of Southern California, we only get a few snowfalls each winter, and sometimes none at all. So snow is a major deal. I'm too scheduled a homeschool teacher to give them a snow day, but we did start school at 10:30 rather than the standard 9 AM so the kids could enjoy the snow before it melted. It was almost totally gone by 3 PM.



The kids decided to walk the dog across the meadow and over to the park. Dash loves the snow as much as they do. I took this from our driveway with the kids a couple hundred feet away; I'm thrilled it came out this clear ar that distance. (The building behind the kids is Major's Diner, the 1950s hangout for locals and tourists alike.)



T built a baby snowman on my car's roof. It's so dang cute!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Fun! We've had a lot of "snow teasers" this winter. Sometimes there have been pretty decent flurries ~ only to melt when it hits the ground. Last week we had a decent showing, though.

Nicole Rae Studio said...

Love the snowman! Looks like they had a blast!

Unknown said...

Yes, very cute! Timmothy is very talented. I'd like to see him try his had at something other than a snowman next time. That's what I used to do, other things that folks didn't expect.
Way cool though.