Thursday, June 14, 2007

More Zoo Photos ... Botanicals

A little-known fact is that the botanical collection at the San Diego Zoo is actually worth more than the animals. So here are some scenic photos of our Tuesday zoo trip....



This waterfall is on the backside of the Gorilla Tropics area. Three waterfalls can be seen, plus a huge one that is bridged.



These palm trees and jacaranda are for Julie, who misses her So Cal trees.... :)



In the Children's Zoo area, we discovered this very strange tree -- those cotton boll things are about eight inches or so in diameter! I'll have to ask my sis-in-law who works there what kind of tree this is. I've never seen anything like it! Is it familiar to any of you?



And a very large koi (close to two feet long) in Terrace Lagoon, near the entrance to the zoo.

I may have a few more extras for the secondary blog.....

3 comments:

Sandie said...

I like the fish shot, and the tree fasinates me.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the palms!! I do love and miss them. You knew! :)

The San Diego zoo does have a gorgeous botanical garden. So does the Cinci zoo and I'm so grateful to have it within driving distance. Nice photos Suzanne.

Katrina said...

Great zoo shots!