Sunday, June 3, 2007

A Taste of Summer...



While the rest of the county is slogging through "June Gloom," we in the mountains are enjoying glorious weather and clear skies....



The pansies in my garden have perhaps a few weeks left; when the truly hot weather comes, they'll start fading.



But the snaps take both cold and heat well and will bloom through October. I love snapdragons in all their colorful varities; I have burgundy to pink to orange to yellow to white snaps -- they're one of my favorites.

6 comments:

Claire said...

Very vivid colors here capture the vibrancy of the season -- I'm so glad there are seasons -

Sandie said...

When I was little my mom always had a small flower bed next to the house and she had snapdragons, they were my favorites too. She had them in lots of different colors.

Unknown said...

Good flower shots. I like the light behind them.

SUSAN said...

Wow, those flowers are so clear and beautiful. I know you are enjoying your garden!

Susan

Dancingirl said...

I like snapdragons, too. I have childhood memories of making them "snap"! Do you deadhead them?

Susanne Barrett said...

Nope, I really don't. If the whole bloom stalk dies, I may cut it back and allow another stalk to grow and bloom, but usually they bloom all the way to fall.