Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"You Belong in the Zoo..."

"... the San Diego Zoo!" I remember that jingle all too well from my childhoood. I've spent many a day at the zoo throughout my childhood and my kids' as well. We even have home movies of my mother here as a curly-haired toddler. And Keith's sister works at the SD Zoo as a tour bus driver. So for today and tomorrow, I'll post some of my better shots from our celebration of J's birthday yesterday.



The orangutans were some of the first animals we spotted as we entered the zoo. It's not easy getting to see them from my low position in the wheelchair, but the kids cleared a space for me to get a few shots.



I loved getting these underwater shots of the turtles. A few came out really nice.



My kids' favorite animals are the otters and the meerkats. I got a few so-so otter shots, but a couple of really good meerkat photos. Guest photographer T bent over the top of the enclosure in the Children's Zoo to capture them digging a hole -- that's what both meerkats and boys love to do!

I'll have additional shots on my Extras blog if you're interested....

6 comments:

SUSAN said...

I went to the San Diego zoo 27 years ago. I was in CA with 2 girlfriends for a week. We also ate at a restaurant on the water. It was shaped like a ship or maybe it was a ship. Would like to have explored more but we only had one evening allocated. Nice that you have 3 generations of zoo goers.

Susan

SUSAN said...

P.S. Super photos...the turtle is my favorite!

Susan

Paula said...

Wow, great zoo pictures. I love the turtle.

LauraLiz said...

Great shots! I have to agree that the turtle is my favorite.

Dancingirl said...

Makes me want to go to the zoo! The San Diego Zoo is one of the best. I was there about 28 years ago...

Sandie said...

I love zoos! These are really nice shots, and like everyone else, I like the turtle. It has just a wonderful quality of movement in the beautiful tones of the water.