Monday, September 24, 2007

Leeds Castle....



I love this painting that Keith's mom painted from a photograph Keith took of Leed's Castle in County Kent during our trip to England in 1988. The watercoloring are so soft and gentle -- the pinks of sunset against the ancient stone walls, the vines and flowers clambering along the medieval stonework. I remember that as we toured the castle grounds, peacocks followed us, thinking that Keith's lens paper was popcorn as they tried to get into his camera bag.

I loved that trip to England, and several other souvenirs from that trip grace our home, constant reminders of the country of my ancestors, the country of the greatest writers and poets, the country I fell in love with nearly twenty years ago....

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Ahhh, to have a cottage in England. Take a turn in the garden, then return to a good book and cuppa. In my dreams!