Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thursday: Hawk-Eye



As we came home, worn and weary from Class Day activities and an 80-mile round-trip, we stopped to get the mail at our town's post office. (Our town is too small for home mail delivery.) As I climbed out of the Corolla, keys in hand to unlock our post office box, I noticed an elderly man standing behind his car, face uplifted and eyes transfixed on something above his head. My eyes followed his line of sight, and I spied what he was so interested in: a hawk perched on the telephone wire just above the line of parked cars. Bending back into our car, I tugged my camera out of my purse and snapped a series of shots. This is full telephoto; I was hoping for more detail of the hawk's markings, but I think the clouds surrounding it are very cool, too.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That's a great capture!!