Friday, April 6, 2007

Bad News and Good News....

The BAD news is that Keith called the place where he ordered my camera, and they have it backordered until the end of April at the earliest. They called to sell us a better battery for it, but never told us it was backordered. Grrrr....

The GOOD news is that Keith is going to Circuit City tomorrow to buy the newer model. I don't like touch screens on the back; I prefer the toggle thingies, but at least I WILL HAVE A CAMERA by tomorrow night!

I will have a bit of a learning curve, so please be patient with quality and subject matter; I have never taken more than just snapshots of the kids before this. It's a whole new world for me to be taking artistic photos. Aaaackkkk!

2 comments:

Sandie said...

You start with the snap shots and things you like. Then as you post, crop, and begin looking your shots will change and naturally become more of an artistic expression of what you see. Just take lots and lots of photos, don't be afraid to try strange angles and get really close!

MaryD said...

Sandie is a very wise lady! To add my own 2 cents worth-- remember to have fun with the project! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics, not to compare them with others or evaluate artistic merit-- though I'm sure you will have that-- but just to connect with bits of your world through your lens! It will be a great journal for you at the end of the year... but stressing over it will take the joy out of it!

Glad your camera will soon be in your hands!!