Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Tale of Two Churches



On Friday mornings I attend the Healing Eucharist at Alpine Anglican Church of the Blessed Trinity. Since the church meets in an elementary school on Sundays, Father built this tiny single-pew chapel off his garage for Friday services. This is the altar after the service this 6th morning of Easter Week. I've been attending Friday services for almost three years, loving the quiet of prayer and Scriptures.



Father Acker hung this sign outside his home, next to the sliding glass door that leads to the chapel.



This is our church of nearly fourteen years, Lake Murray Evangelical Free Church, taken after Bible study on Tuesday. Here we sing raucous praise songs, celebrate together, cry together, learn the Scriptures, and are a true family.



I took this today through my windshield as I drove past Lake Murray. It's not the best photo, but it does tell the tale of my two churches, one liturgical and one evangelical.

2 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

I reloaded the photos, Sandie. I hope they are available now. I had moved them from my other blog to here and may have messed up somehow. So I loaded them again here. Hope it works!

Sandie said...

It does! I can see them now. It is nice to see them after hearing about how much they mean to you.