Saturday, April 21, 2007

Down in Town, Day 2




Here is one real reason why I don't like making multiple trips into the city. With church at 37 miles from home, with the chiropractor 35 miles from home, with Keith's work 29 miles from home, and with the nearest organic grocery store at 27 miles from home, we get stuck with some pretty wild gasoline bills, especially at these prices.

I'm sorry, but it should not take almost $29 to fill a '91 Corolla's nine-gallon tank! (And yes, I got to the gas station on fumes....) But with gas in our small town at 30 cents a gallon higher than in the city (shown above), I guess I'll have to live with it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Our gas is about $2.79. That's a huge difference! I don't know how Californians make it. How much is milk? Can you ever get it for $1.99 per gallon?

carrie said...

Gas here is about $2.89, although we can sometimes get it for $2.75. $29 to fill a tank sounds so good, though. My van takes about $75-$80 to fill at these prices, depending on how low I let the tank get. (34 gallon tank.)

Julie- Milk here is $4 a gallon except at Sam's, where I can get 2% for about $2.50/gal.

Susanne Barrett said...

I don't know -- we use rice milk for cereal and that's it.

I guess we Californians are learning that living in the sunshine COSTS.