Saturday, April 7, 2007

Front Steps



For my 365 (actually 267 now, with my late start) blog debut with my Olympus Stylus 740, I've chosen my front porch steps. Here reside the only violas and pansies that the blasted squirrels and rabbits haven't discovered. The plaster squirrel at the foot of the lower pot (which said blasted rodents gobbled with relish) once belonged to my grandmother. I remember it lurking next to her coi fish pond when I was a little girl. Yes, he's lost his front paws and has been dropped, kicked, tripped over, and generally abused. But he's a dear memory of a lovely lady who loved her garden as much as I love mine.

3 comments:

Dancingirl said...

I'm glad you finally have your camera! Welcome! I love pansies and enjoyed hearing the story of the stone squirrel.

Sandie said...

That is a neat story. I guess he keeps the squirrels out of those pots :)

And about 365, you can always go from April to April.... :)

MaryD said...

The pot of pansies on the step is so very pretty! Glad you are able to join the 365 fun!