Saturday, April 14, 2007

Watering My Garden...



Watering my garden is a daily need in dry Southern California. Our home is completely surrounded with these little vincas which bloom only in mid-spring yet are a lovely green throughout the summer, though they wilt easily in the 100+ degree heat that's common in our area.



Today my first California poppy, our state flower and the only orange flower I allow in my garden, opened; it's the fluffy green plant at the base of the rose bush in my photo earlier this week of my weeded garden.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

I have never seen an orange poppy. It is very pretty. I have lots of the little purple ones all through my yard. I love the purple hue they give the grass in the spring from a distance.

MaryD said...

All the flowers are pretty, but the orange one is stunning. I'm enjoying your pictures SUsanne!

Susanne Barrett said...

The orange California poppies grow wild all around our town ... all around our state, in fact. They are very common out here.

I planted a single packet of seeds a couple of years ago, and they keep cropping up where I least expect them!