Monday, May 14, 2007

Beautiful Things



On Lamp Post we were discussing the use of beautiful, quality things in our homes vs. just "settling" for what is practical and economical. Well, this is one of our "splurges"; Keith and I bought it in Cambridge in 1988 on our only overseas trip. It sits on my mantel with all of my "favorite things." I love the fine detail; just looking at it takes me back to England. And a mini-vacation-of-the-mind is an awfully nice break in the middle of homeschooling four children all day....



Dash was trying to nap while I gave J his spelling words; I sneaked over and got this photo while he was still drowsy....

I also have a couple of extra "beautiful things" on my Extras. Check it out!

1 comment:

SUSAN said...

Your doggy is a beautiful thing too. hehe

Susan