Saturday, May 12, 2007

A San Diego Landmark




If you've ever been to San Diego, this landmark is extremely familiar to you. The Museum of Man in Balboa Park was constructed for the 1915 Panama-California Exhibition. The California Tower can be seen from most west-bound airplanes just before landing at Lindbergh Field. My great-great grandfather, Edward Quayle, reportedly aided in the design of this Tower, although I have not yet confirmed that fact in my genealogical research. I have discovered that his firm (Quayle Brothers) did design another building for the Exposition, among many other architectural landmarks in San Diego since they arrived in this area in 1906. San Diego natives are few and far between in this city.

For two other San Diego landmarks of personal interest to me and Vera, please see the my 365 Extras Blog at the top of the sidebar.

No comments: