Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Church along the Way....



None of my photos turned out today ... well, one kinda turned out, but it just wasn't anything at all remarkable.

So I'm posting a photo from yesterday when I was in the city. I drive past this beautiful Methodist church as I drive to my chiropractor (on the same street as the crayon-fence I posted yesterday). Reportedly this church also has a prayer labyrinth, but I haven't been able to locate it.

As I took this photo, I noticed that the chapel doors were open a smidge, and I could see blue stained glass through the crack. I wish I had the gumption to go in there and take photos on the INSIDE.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

I love that style of architecture. It always looks cool and inviting!

Susanne Barrett said...

It's known as Mission architecture: the white/cream stucco/adobe walls and the red tile roofs. The style was common around here in early California history and experienced a rebirth here just after World War II, when this church was built.

I lost some of the blue of the sky in bringing out the architectural detail; a more experienced photographer wouldn't have made that mistake, but I'm trying to learn from all my boo-boos. :)

SUSAN said...

I love that Mission style. Would love to poke my head inside. :-)

Susan