Friday, May 11, 2007

Summers Past Farms



At the entrance to Summers Past Farms, a maze entices children to run among the flowers and enjoy games of hide-and-seek. Right now six feet of sweet peas and sunflowers line the maze in all their abundance. I brought Carol and Nikki here two years ago; we enjoyed the gardens and listened to a guitar concert. There's something for everyone here: gardens to roam, a nursery from which to purchase flowers, a gift shop, a soap shop, craft classes, a coffee bar with a shaded seating area, a petting zoo, a children's garden, a shade garden with a fountain and a stream running through it, plus multiple garden areas in all sorts of themes.



This is one of the garden areas, complete with a fairy. The deep blues of the foxgloves is so breathtaking; this photo barely captures it.



And they even have a garden cat named "Autumn" in the gift shop; here she drapes herself over the sales counter in the gift shop.

I will post more photos on my 365 Extras. I took over 100 photos today while E browsed the gift shops and the boys ran about....

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks like a lovely place. I'd love to make a visit there myself.

Susanne Barrett said...

Well, if you ever come to Southern California, I'll take you. ;)

Sandie said...

I love all these flower shots.

MaryD said...

These are beautiful pictures, Susanne. I love the flowers, and I love the kitty!

Tina Dee Books said...

Susanne,

Lovely photos! I was visiting the Summers Past Farms blog and saw your comment mentioning your photos of the gardens. Thanks for sharing!

Tina Dee Books
www.TheHomesteadHeart.com