Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day....

It's a day late, but the kids and I headed to the cemetery. I like to visit the family plots and tell stories on my relatives....



My maternal grandparents' grave, with E silhouetted in background. My grandfather survived Pearl Harbor on the destroyer who shot the first American shot of World War II. His birthday is around Memorial Day, so I like to visit the cemetery around this time of year. My paternal grandparents and my dad's brother are also buried in this row.



This is my great-great-grandfather and great-great-grandmother's grave in one of the older sections of the cemetery. I have a photo of her holding me when I was a baby; she died later in the year I was born.



Across the path from Elk's Rest where our old family plot is, we saw some very interesting statue markers in an even older section. Extra photos can be seen on my Extras page -- see sidebar.

No comments: