Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Favorite Doctor....



I stopped by Dr. Adema's office today for a quick interview and photo as he's agreed to be our Mountain Empire Creative Arts Council Featured Artist for this September. We're gathering biographical sketches of out artists and photos so we can advertise effectively in the backcountry newspapers as well as with posters around town, etc.

He gave me permission to post this photo on my blog as well, and since I took only four photos today and three of them were of Dr. Adema, I sincerely hoped that one of the photos of him turned out well.

In addition to being an incredible osteopathic doctor, he's a good friend. He studied English before switching over to the medical arts, so we always have a lot to discuss regarding writing, art, poetry, music, etc. We're lucky to get around to medical issues at all during my appointments, but I've realized that he's wisely gauging my strength and emotional health by my enthusiasm for the arts. He's also a great advocate for homeschooling as he and his wife homeschooled both of their now-grown kids at some point in their academic careers. And Dr. Adema is just plain fun to talk to; he's one of the most accomplished conversationalists I've ever met. And the way he tells stories! I never dread an appointment with this doctor, who has done as much for my emotional and spiritual well-being as he has for my physical health.

4 comments:

Sandie said...

He sounds like a great man, and he looks like a kind one.

SUSAN said...

Glad to finally see him! :-)

Susan

Claire said...

Wow - what a GIFT from God to you! He' a rare one for sure - I'm very very glad for you!

Dancingirl said...

It's nice to get to see a picture of him!